Friday, August 04, 2006

One

As the summer progresses and the time winds down, drawing closer and closer to this year's 24 Hours of Allamuchy, I find myself reading more and more articles online about training, prep, fitness, food, and so on. You name it, I'm reading about it. Lactate thresholds, VO2 max, smearing balm on your ass to make the ride go smoother.

Anyway, one thing I read over and over is that you should have a training log. Well, this isn't a trianing log so much as it's a training blog. You see, training logs are numbers, and maybe a comment or 2 about RPE, or wind conditions. Beyond that, there's really nothing which tells you what you were thinking that day, or the day before, or how you felt, etc etc. That's what this is for.

I doubt many people will read this. No big deal, since all the people who say to have a training log say that it's obvoiusly for their own benefit. This is meant as a running commentary for the next X days, weeks, months, or years, assuming I don't burn out of bike training and start flying a kite, or some such. Right now the goal isn't on this year's 24, it's on next year's season.

See, I already know this year is a wash. Up until this year, I've been mostly a road biker who very randomly goes off road for a bit of fun, but not enough to really make much of a difference. Well this year has been my transition year, where my road rides are geared to make me a better mountain bike rider. I understand a lot of what I do this year will be for the sake of learning. And I'm already looking to next year's season as a season, as opposed to a collection of weekends where I get up early and go for a bike ride.

So that's what this is. I mean, at least for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home